- n a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible
throw the bum out
- n a disreputable vagrant
he tried to help the really down-and-out bums
- n person who does no work
a lazy bum
- n the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- v ask for and get free; be a parasite
- v be lazy or idle
Her son is just bumming around all day
- s of very poor quality; flimsy
- The music is hardly subtle (sample lyric: "My woman doesn't stop when it's time to work her bum bum").
- BRODERICK: Singing again Bum bum-a-dum, bum bum bum .
- In other words, it's a bum's manifesto, the greatest imaginable.
News & Articles
- Yes, you can support a Bum Phillips opera
I cannot do anything better with this than what Stephanie Stradley did here at her Houston Chronicle Texans blog: Last April, online fan support helped create the Bum Phillips Opera. Now we need to kick the door down with some more money to get it produced. The world premiere of the opera is scheduled for March 2014 in New York City. The people putting it together are from Texas, and want to ...
June 11, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Bernard D. ‘Bum’ Carey, 80
Bernard D. "Bum" Carey, 80, of County Route 6, Schroeppel, (Phoenix), NY, died on Friday June 7, 2013, at the Manor at Seneca Hill, Volney. Continue reading ? The post Bernard D. ‘Bum’ Carey, 80 appeared first on Oswego County Today .
June 8, 2013 - Oswego County Today
- Bum Phillips’ life as an opera? Fans can make this happen
Last April, online fan support helped create the Bum Phillips Opera. Now we need to kick the door down with some more money to get it produced. The world premiere of the opera is scheduled for March 2014 in New York City. The people putting it togeth...
June 6, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- David Stern in TheNewsTribune.com (registration)
This is a bum rap, that's all,Stern said. "This is a bum rap, and if it is going to be laid on us it should be laid on us by basis of some people who are purported to be scholars in a publication that purports to hold us up to a higher...
- AJ Foyt in SI.com
It was hard to do under water with all my clothes on and with my bum legs and all,Foyt said. "I'll be honest, I was panicked a little bit."
- Bill Clinton in ABC Online
On the empathy issue, I personally think it's a bum rap,he said. "I don't see him lacking in empathy just because he doesn't blow his top at the slightest provocation."