cheap : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a relatively low in price or charging low prices
it would have been cheap at twice the price
- s tastelessly showy
- s of very poor quality; flimsy
- s embarrassingly stingy
- Stars are endorsing affordable gear, but is the cheap stuff worth it?.
- Besides the diamond industry, who says romance has to cost a bundle? A cheap date can be a great date.
- The fact that the ultra-cheap, super-sketchy Dauphine sold over 2 million copies around the world is an index of how desperately people wanted cars.
News & Articles
- Cheap, but not cheap: Samsung shows off Galaxy S4 durability in torture test video
Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S4 smartphone might feel much cheaper than high-end handsets from Samsung’s rivals, but that doesn’t mean the phone is actually made from cheap materials. In a new stress test video released by Samsung this week, the South Korea-based vendor shows us just how durable its Galaxy S4 really is. Tests include dunking the phone in water, a number of drop tests, tumble tests ...
June 13, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- Cheap translations, but not replacement for humans
Cheap translations, but not replacement for humans Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 6:47 pm, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 JERUSALEM (AP) — An Israeli startup says it has come up with a way to overcome language barriers when conducting international business: an automated service ...
June 13, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Cheap And Easy Steps For Business Flexibility: Strategy Putanesca
I love pasta putanesca, with the tangy sauce that is cheap and easy, like it?s namesakes. There are some cheap and easy steps that a business can take to increase its flexibility to either expand or contract, as market conditions dictate. I call this Strategy Putanesca.
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- Tim Howard in The Associated Press
I think talk is cheap,American goalkeeper Tim Howard said Wednesday. "He's got to stand toe to toe. And they've got to stand toe to toe with us for 90 minutes. And if he's still standing, then I'll take my hat off to him. But a lot of...
- Mike Utley in Forbes
I'm sorry this young man got hurt,Utley told the AP. "It wasn't a cheap shot. It was a great form tackle and that's it."
- Barack Obama in Reuters South Africa
Obama said the race discussion took a divisive turn when it was implied "my candidacy is somehow an exercise in affirmative action; that it's based solely on the desire of wide-eyed liberals to purchase racial reconciliation on the cheap."