- s tastelessly showy
- Well, all that means is that it's different--gorgeously garish, both in the color scheme (bold tints against the chrysanthemums of the film's title) and in the splash of wild .
- So-called "doo-wop motels" like the Starlux, the Bel Air and the Tangiers offer garish design, funky colors and the ubiquitous plastic palm trees.
- In fact, the show is notably lacking in sparkles, and garish is just about the last word I would use to describe the subtle and airy visual design.
News & Articles
- How Band's Protest Disrupted a Nation
On Feb. 21, 2012, Pussy Riot, the feminist performance artist/punk rock group, donned pink and orange minidresses and bright neon balaclavas to conceal their identities, and entered Christ the Savior Cathedral, a garish spectacle of a church in the center of Moscow that for them symbolized an unhealthy, authoritarian relationship between church and state. And they did what they had been doing ...
June 10, 2013 - ABC News
- Apple unveils iOS 7
Apple held its big keynote event thing at WWDC earlier this evening, but since I was away with friends I've had to read up on it later in the evening. The company announced iOS 7, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, and they gave a preview of the new Mac Pro. Especially the Mac Pro impressed me, and while iOS 7's new Holo/Metro-inspired theme looks messy and garish to me, I do commend Apple for finally ...
June 10, 2013 - OSNews
- Louisville baseball players get a change in plumage
In the garish tradition of the adidas InfraRED uniforms the University of Louisville men's basketball team wore throughout the postseason a year ago, the baseball Cardinals will be decked out in adidas' new CLIMALITE Sweet Spot gear in Sunday's super regional.
June 9, 2013 - Louisville Courier-Journal
- Farhan Akhtar in Indian Express
Farhan Akhtar, sporting a smart pin-striped suit, said "I opted for a traditional black suit (by Saville Row) with black patent leather shoes rather than going for anything garish".
- Conrad Vernon in New York Times
We were totally taken aback,Mr. Vernon said, sitting in a conference room at DreamWorks headquarters here. "I didn't sign up to do something garish."
- Anthony Zuiker in New York Times
Mr. Zuiker asked his writers to create a plot in which a young woman who looks like an avatar brought to life (as Mr. Zuiker put it: "Green hair, garish outfits, she looks kind of odd") becomes the target of a jealous competitor.