- n aerobic rod-shaped spore-producing bacterium; often occurring in chainlike formations; found primarily in soil
- n originally thought to be a single vitamin but now separated into several B vitamins
- n a trivalent metalloid element; occurs both in a hard black crystal and in the form of a yellow or brown powder
- n a logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels
- n (physics) a unit of nuclear cross section; the effective circular area that one particle presents to another as a target for an encounter
- n the 2nd letter of the Roman alphabet
- n the blood group whose red cells carry the B antigen
News & Articles
- B’nai B’rith Addresses Anti-Israel U.N. Human Rights Council Session
B’nai B’rith International has issued the following statement: B’nai B’rith International spoke before the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in Geneva during the anti-Israel “agenda item 7” session. B’nai B’rith addressed UNHRC special rapporteur Richard Falk’s appalling recent comments blaming the Boston Marathon bombings on the United States’ foreign policy and urged his removal ...
June 11, 2013 - Worldwide Faith News
- B-F bows out in quarters
B-F sophomore Olivia Denham, right, celebrates her second-half goal with freshman Brynn Beresford during a Class 1-A quarterfinal against Sioux City Heelan. The Crusaders won 6-1.
June 11, 2013 - The Altoona Herald-Index
- B&G Foods Inc. (BGS) Climbed Sharply After Acquisition
B&G Foods Inc. (BGS) announced Monday morning that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Robert's American Gourmet Food LLC dba Pirate Brands from VMG Partners, Driven Capital Management, founder Robert Ehrlich and certain other entities and individuals, for approximately $195 million in cash.
June 11, 2013 - RTT News
- Tony Woodley in BusinessWeek
The Constitution leaves the District of Columbia a variety of tools for combating [handgun violence], including some measures regulating handguns : [b]ut the enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the... Antonin Scalia http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonin_Scalia&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEEHFsq01t19pfPD89FYst0ejm6uA Mineral Wells Index http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/local/local_story_179091041.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEiZKAr4KHkKkLThL0FrjiUSEET7w Jun 27, 2008
7217 10450 ba The seven days notice period is sufficient time for BA management to do the sensible thing and reopen meaningful negotiations," Unite Joint General Secretaries Derek Simpson and Tony Woodley said in the statement.