- n a metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram
- n a purine base found in DNA and RNA; pairs with cytosine
- n one of the four nucleotides used in building DNA; all four nucleotides have a common phosphate group and a sugar (ribose)
- n the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
- n a unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity; used to indicate the force to which a body is subjected when it is accelerated
- n a unit of information equal to 1000 megabytes or 10^9 (1,000,000,000) bytes
- n a unit of information equal to 1024 mebibytes or 2^30 (1,073,741,824) bytes
- n (physics) the universal constant relating force to mass and distance in Newton's law of gravitation
- n the 7th letter of the Roman alphabet
News & Articles
- G.Skill Breaks Six Overclocking Records at Computex
G.Skill has released the results of its overclocking efforts at Computex 2013, and a number of world records were broken using its products. Memory frequency of 4283.2MHz was achieved using G.Skill TridentX memory by Hiwa, Christian Ney, and Young Pro. A PI Fast time of 9.78 seconds was achieved with Trident memory by Fredyama, Shamino, and Young Pro. The same trio completed Super Pi 32M in 4 ...
June 16, 2013 - Overclockers Club
- G-8 brings hope of comeback for quaint Irish town
A woman walks past a derelict shop, its windows covered in giant posters to make it look like a cafe, in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland, on June 6. Organizers of the G-8 summit of world leaders in Northern Ireland have spent weeks sprucing up the facades of businesses all around the County Fermanagh venue.
June 16, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- G-8 security: Northern Ireland's biggest ever police operation for Obama visit
ENNISKILLEN, Northern Ireland – As President Barack Obama heads to Northern Ireland for Monday’s G-8 summit, so too will thousands of anti-capitalist demonstrators, posing a challenge for police even in an area used to high security.Over 5,000 are expected to attend a union-organized anti-G-8 rally in Belfast on Saturday, and hundreds more have pledged to march from the host town, Enniskillen ...
June 15, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- David Cameron in The Associated Press
Speaking to reporters aboard his plane, Cameron said: "This weekend isn't about a row over fiscal policy. We all agree about the need for fiscal consolidation. For me, this G-20 is about putting the world economy on an irreversible path to...
- Barack Obama in JoongAng Daily
I want to make sure that everything is lined up properly by the time I visit Korea in November [for the G-20 Summit],Obama said, "and in the few months that follow that, I intend to present it to Congress."
- Stephen Harper in BusinessWeek
We are not out of the woods yet,Soudas said, speaking to reporters today in Ottawa. "The recovery in private demand is not yet assured in all G-20 countries and new risks have emerged."