- n a unit of information equal to 1000 megabytes or 10^9 (1,000,000,000) bytes
- n a unit of information equal to 1024 mebibytes or 2^30 (1,073,741,824) bytes
- A cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, bicoastal multitasker, and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond.
- At the top of the pile are such titans as Sun Microsystems and IBM; they are in gigabyte-to-gigabyte competition for customers like Citigroup that need the world's most powerful .
- Pando allows you to package up to 1 gigabyte worth of stuff videos, photos, power-point presentations at a time.
News & Articles
- Gigabyte at the Taipei 101
Part of the Gigabyte show over recent years as one of the main sponsors of Computex is their VIP suite on the 36 th floor of the Taipei 101, reserved for media and special guests, with the main Gigabyte booth at one of the show halls nearer to the ground. My first meeting this week was at the Gigabyte VIP Suite, looking at most of the new hardware and talking to the important people who make ...
June 11, 2013 - AnandTech
- Gigabyte to Bundle WindForce 450W on Select GTX Titans
Gigabyte’s GV-NTITAN-6GDB bundle will include the company’s WindForce 450 W coolers as a DIY upgrade with select batches of reference design GTX Titans.
June 7, 2013 - Tom's Hardware
- Gigabyte's convertible tablet goes on sale in July
Taiwan-based Gigabyte may be more widely known for making motherboards and components. But it caught our eye at Computex this week with some new two-in-one devices about to hit the market. The S1185 is a laptop-tablet hybrid that has a stand and detachable keyboard. The device has a variety of connectivity and ports including USB 3.0, VGA and HDMI. It will be out in the beginning of July and for ...
June 6, 2013 - PC World
- Philip Schiller in ZDNet UK
We are now offering our users more capacity at an even lower price per gigabyte.,said Philip Schiller, Apple's marketing vice-president, revealing that the company has shipped 76PB of storage space since it began its onslaught on the market...
- Steve Jobs in Salt Lake Tribune
When we started with our first iPod five years ago, it put 1,000 songs in your pocket,said Apple CEO Steve Jobs. "This new 160-gigabyte iPod Classic, which is far smaller than the original iPod, puts 40,000 songs in your pocket. It's just