- n music in three-four time for dancing a jig
- At the keyboard, he rocks vigorously in gigue time, his rhinestone-decorated black suede shoes dancing over the pedals.
- He not only included every kind of dance movement previously used (saraband, gigue, minuet) but also introduced some that had not been: capriccio, rondeau and scherzo.
- Everything is a dance ; the chair-song a minuet; the fire-talk a gigue; dragon flies weave to the slow air of a waltz; the teapot chortles in a foxtrot.
News & Articles
- Man Arrested For Playing Violin In Subway Station
Nevermind the "Showtime!" kids who can and will kick you in the face with their pole-swinging. The NYPD apparently decided that a classically trained violinist was worthy of arrest for disturbing the peace with his shouting and screaming rendition of "Gigue," from the third partita for violin solo by Johann Sebastian Bach. [ more › ]
July 27, 2013 - Gothamist