gillie : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a young male attendant on a Scottish Highlander chief
- n a shoe without a tongue and with decorative lacing up the instep
- As a guest of Queen Victoria, Landseer went deerstalking with a gillie from Balmoral.
- Macmillan occasionally visits the Homes for the grouse shooting, and, friends say, was about to tip the gillie 2 one day, when the thrifty Earl advised him sharply: "Half as .
- That paragon of puritanical virtue, Queen Victoria, was thought by some of her contemporaries to be the secret wife of Disraeli or the secret mistress of her Scottish gillie, John .
- Ryan Klesko in San Francisco Chronicle
Play hard to win, baby. That's all you can do,Klesko said after the Giants won for the second time in 2007, beating San Diego 6-5 Tuesday night. "I didn't want to hurt ol' Gillie, but I didn't want him to get the throw off. We've got to...