v : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a unit of potential equal to the potential difference between two points on a conductor carrying a current of 1 ampere when the power dissipated between the two points is 1 watt; equivalent to the potential difference across a resistance of 1 ohm when 1 ampere of current flows through it
- n a soft silvery white toxic metallic element used in steel alloys; it occurs in several complex minerals including carnotite and vanadinite
- n the cardinal number that is the sum of four and one
- n the 22nd letter of the Roman alphabet
- s being one more than four
News & Articles
- V'Cats boosted by familiar teammates
V'Cats boosted by familiar teammates Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 11:54 pm, Sunday, June 16, 2013 Pitchers Adrian Houser and Kevin Comer were teammates on Houston Astros Rookie affiliate Greeneville in 2012. Comer's stint with Greeneville was short, but the right-hander from ...
June 17, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Magyar Telecom B.V. Announces It Will Use Its 30-Day Grace Period for the June Coupon Payment on Its 9.5% Senior ...
Magyar Telecom B.V. continues to engage in constructive discussions with the Ad Hoc Committee of Noteholders and its advisors regarding the Company’s strategic review.
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Betty V. Arnold
Betty V. Arnold, 88, of East Wenatchee, died Friday, June 14, 2013.
June 17, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- John Boehner in Houston Chronicle
The court's decision today and its decision in 2008 in District of Columbia v. Heller both make clear that we can work to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists while at the same time respecting the constitutional rights of law-... Michael Bloomberg http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bloomberg&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF0yS62k8BJaV-YE-tVY5NKrA5nbA BusinessWeek http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-28/high-court-ruling-challenges-gun-limits-across-u-s-.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGDvhSEsts4-g3iYaNeJe_onPizLg Jun 28, 2010
106891 140085 v Coming just one day after the 36th anniversary of the tragic Roe v. Wade decision, this presidential directive forces taxpayers to subsidize abortions overseas - something no American should be required by government to do," said House Minority...