- n a soft silvery white toxic metallic element used in steel alloys; it occurs in several complex minerals including carnotite and vanadinite
- Tailings from radium and vanadium plants provided uranium for the first atom bombs.
- Sea water contains so little vanadium, for instance, that no chemical test will show it.
- The sea squirt, Phallusia mamillata, for example, has 1,000,000 times more vanadium in its blood than the water it lives in; the deep blue blood of the octopus has 100,000 times .
- Alexander Frolov in Bloomberg
Evraz has great confidence in the South African steel industry and is excited by its new investment in Highveld and by the outlook for steel and vanadium markets,Evraz Chairman Alexander Frolov said in today's statement.