thou : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
- The visiting philosopher walked into a New York barbershop, sat down in a chair, and, while the scissors clicked away, he closed his eyes, deep in thought.
- Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so, For those, whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow, Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
- Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? Or hast thou walked in the search of the depth? Have the gates of death been opened unto thee Or hast thou seen the doors of the .
- Tom Brokaw in 570 News
Brokaw noted that Russert had a large wooden sign in his office that read: "Thou Shalt Not Whine," which Brokaw then supplemented with "Thou shalt not weep or cry this morning. This is a celebration."
- Vice President Dick Cheney in Washington Post
Let's say I believe firmly in Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Republican,Cheney said. "But it's very hard sometimes to adhere to that where Chuck Hagel is involved."
- John McCain in Guardian Unlimited
McCain told CNN the decision was Craig's to make, "but my opinion is that when you plead guilty to a crime, you shouldn't serve. That's not a moral stand. That's not a holier-than-thou. It's just a factual situation."