yard : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
- n the enclosed land around a house or other building
it was a small house with almost no yard
- n a tract of land enclosed for particular activities (sometimes paved and usually associated with buildings)
they opened a repair yard on the edge of town
- n the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
- n a unit of volume (as for sand or gravel)
- n a tract of land where logs are accumulated
- n an area having a network of railway tracks and sidings for storage and maintenance of cars and engines
- n a long horizontal spar tapered at the end and used to support and spread a square sail or lateen
- n an enclosure for animals (as chicken or livestock)
- But then Rypien connected with Clark on the 30-yard TD pass, and Lohmiller kicked a 25-yard field goal to run the score to 34-10.
- Amid food scares and environmental woes, some Americans are transforming their neatly trimmed front yards into a showcase for nature's bounty.
- The final lateral took a miraculous bounce into the hands of Riley Curry, who ran 34 yards for the score.
News & Articles
- Salvage Yard Auto Engines Now Available for Purchase Online at AutoEnginesforSale.com
Salvage yard auto engines are among the parts and accessories that are now available for online sale at the AutoProsUSA.com company. These engines are acquired through better supplier arrangements and are now listed from national suppliers online for consumers to purchase. (PRWeb June 15, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/salvage-yard-auto-engines/used-engines-for-sale ...
June 16, 2013 - PRWeb
- Yard sale to raise money for Nashua animal shelter
The Humane Society for Greater Nashua will host its annual benefit yard sale Saturday and Sunday in a warehouse at 1 Wall St. in Hudson.
June 16, 2013 - New Hampshire Union Leader
- MAY YARD OF THE MONTH
Marcia Hutson’s yard, 642 Grand View Drive, was selected as the May Yard of the Month. This is the second time Hutson’s yard has been chosen for this designation. Hutson does all her yard work herself and planted her yard in 2001. Nominations for the June Yard of the Month are due June 24.
June 15, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- Paul Goydos in Tampabay.com
I've gone from clubbing a ball in the back yard all the way to the moon and missed all the steps in between,Goydos said.
- Bill Belichick in American Chronicle
I thought we could make the yard,Belichick said of his fourth-down gamble. "We had a good play. We completed it. I don't know how we could not get a yard on that completion, but I guess we didn't."
- Dana Perino in San Francisco Chronicle
Scotland Yard being in the lead in this investigation is appropriate and necessary and I don't see - we don't see a need for an investigation beyond that at this time,presidential spokeswoman Dana Perino said.