thousand : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
- s denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000 items or units
- "Something on the order of several hundred thousand soldiers are probably, you know, a figure that would be required.
- After his arrest on July 22, 1991, Dahmer was sentenced to nearly a thousand years in jail.
- Story openings --ledes in reporter jargon--have to grab, whether they be for a five hundred word news piece or a thousand page novel ("I was in bed with my catamite when Ali the .
- Kent Conrad in ABC News
If I'm a business person, it's unlikely if you give me a several-thousand-dollar credit that I'm going to hire people if I can't sell the products they're producing,said Sen. Kent Conrad, DN.D., a member of the Senate Finance Committee after...
- Sidney Crosby in msnbc.com
Being in Canada, that's the opportunity of a lifetime. You dream of that a thousand times growing up. For it to come true is amazing. Our team worked so unbelievably hard,Crosby said. "Today was really tough, especially when they got a...