- a subsequent to menopause
- Going off hormone-replacement therapy reduces the elevated risk of breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
- A study of more than 36,000 healthy postmenopausal women determined that taking a standard calcium-and-vitamin-D supplement for seven years had no significant effect for most of .
- An experimental drug has successfully reduced the risk of hip and spine fractures in two key patient populations: postmenopausal women and men being treated for prostate cancer.
News & Articles
- Depression in postmenopausal women may increase diabetes and cardiovascular disease risk
( University of Massachusetts Medical School ) Postmenopausal women who use antidepressant medication or suffer from depression might be more likely to have a higher body mass index, larger waist circumference and inflammation -- all associated with increased risk for diabetes and cardiovascular disease, according to a study led by University of Massachusetts Medical School investigator Yunsheng ...
June 13, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Doctors Health Press Reports on Study: Hypnosis Could Provide Relief from Severe Hot Flashes
Doctors Health Press, a division of Lombardi Publishing Corporation and publisher of various natural health newsletters, books, and reports, including the popular Doctors Health Press e-Bulletin, is reporting on a new study finding that hypnosis could be an effective treatment for severe hot flashes in postmenopausal women. (PRWeb June 08, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com ...
June 8, 2013 - PRWeb