loud : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a characterized by or producing sound of great volume or intensity
a group of loud children
her voice was too loud
- s tastelessly showy
loud sport shirts
- a used chiefly as a direction or description in music
- r with relatively high volume
the band played loudly
she spoke loudly and angrily
he spoke loud enough for those at the back of the room to hear him
cried aloud for help
- I even advocate that people listen to music as loud as they want.
- Although noise-induced hearing loss typically occurs from continuous loud exposure, it can also result from high-intensity "impulse noises," such as gunshots or explosions.
- It was loud and it was tinny, but we drove that car across the country three times and it never failed us.
News & Articles
- Police cracking down on loud exhaust
AUBURN — Police are ramping up efforts to prevent vehicles with loud exhaust noise from disturbing residents during the summer months. Loud exhaust noise has been and continues to be a problem in the city, police Chief Phillip L. Crowell Jr. said.
June 23, 2013 - The Lewiston Sun Journal
- Loud Noise Results In Lock Up
A loud noise complaint at a Sterling home this morning resulted in one man facing numerous charges, including assault on a law enforcement officer.
June 21, 2013 - Leesburg Today
- Offbeat: Loud speakers, a bad house guest and Flint Township Police Det. Sgt. Randy Kimes retires
You know those annoying people who blare their speakers in their car. They're so loud your whole car shakes when they pull up next to you at a stop light and you wonder how their ear drums don't explode.
June 20, 2013 - The Flint Journal
- Isiah Thomas in Melbourne Herald Sun
I want to say it as loud as I possibly can. I'm innocent. I'm very innocent,Thomas, 46, said outside the courtroom.
- President Bush in Forbes
We stand united in saying loud and clear that when we've got a troop in harm's way, we expect that troop to be fully funded,Bush said, surrounded by Republicans on the North Portico, "and we got commanders making tough decisions on the...
- Roger Goodell in Boston Globe
It is something we'll look at,Goodell said yesterday. "We heard the fans loud and clear. We want every game to be competitive."