- n an aggressive and violent young criminal
- n substance that smolders when ignited; used to light fuses (especially fireworks)
- n material for starting a fire
- n a teenager or young adult who is a performer (or enthusiast) of punk rock and a member of the punk youth subculture
- n rock music with deliberately offensive lyrics expressing anger and social alienation; in part a reaction against progressive rock
- s of very poor quality; flimsy
- Soon after graduation, the foursome headed south to Tokyo, where they developed their sound, a punk-rock bite leavened with melodic interludes and philosophical lyrics.
- How did Japan become the favored default setting for so many cyberpunk writers?.
- The Punk Life and Death of Sid Vicious "Too fast to live.
News & Articles
- Has Daft Punk Saved EDM?
Daft Punk’s new album is a departure for EDM, but the thing about it that turns off hard core fans of electronic music just might cause the genre to grow larger than ever. As music’s latest trend runs it’s course, the French duo’s big hit Random Access Memories may be about to spark its renaissance.
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Alt-punk pioneer Social Distortion takes over Casino Ballroom
Frontman Mike Ness has led alt-punk band Social Distortion through several decades of change but a crucial constant has been its hard-driving sound
June 13, 2013 - New Hampshire Union Leader
- CM Punk's Return Will Breathe Life Back into Monday Night Raw
When CM Punk returns at WWE Payback this Sunday, Monday Night Raw will be getting a huge lift that it desperately needs. Punk, of course, has been absent from TV for about two months, but it feels like it’s been so much longer. Prior to being written off of TV, Punk had a huge presence. His 434-day reign as WWE champion and his alliance with Paul Heyman made him one of the most entertaining ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Lee Rocker in Chillicothe Constitution Tribune
I immediately took to old time rockabilly, and began playing the old upright bass,Rocker said. "It was fascinating music, turning down the volume and turning back the clock. It was like punk rock, with the energy and passion, but had the...
- Christian Bale in The South African Star
It was punk, it was A Clockwork Orange, it was druggie. It was this kind of fantastic, anarchic look to him,said Christian Bale, who returns as rich guy Bruce Wayne and his crime-fighting alter-ego Batman. "That's not like any Joker I've...