- n an aggressive and violent young criminal
- n a particularly difficult or baffling question or problem
- Gong Li is a toughie.
- In one strip, a punch-permed toughie glares into the eyes of another and calls him -- gasp! -- a "stupid octopus.
- His latest mop-up job is a toughie.
- Lou Piniella in Chicago Daily Herald
The trip to Atlanta is a little bit of a toughie,Piniella said. "We obviously would have preferred to have the day off and just fly to Detroit and play three games there. What can you do?"
- Mile Jedinak in Sydney Morning Herald
I've played against him [Juninho] a couple of times now and it's a great honour,Jedinak said yesterday. "But if Juninho was asking for a run at our club, well : It's a toughie, but I think you've got to stick with your mates who have taken...
- Wasim Akram in CricInfo.com
But Wasim said he couldn't pick a winner for the three match series: "This has been the most [frequently] asked question but it's a toughie. Pakistan in Pakistan are strong and England has been progressing well, so the team which proves mentally...