- n a native or inhabitant of Chechnya
- n a northern Caucasian language spoken by the Chechen
- a of or relating to Chechnya or its people or culture
News & Articles
- Do you know Chechnya? Take the quiz
When Chechnya made headlines in April 2013 as the ancestral land of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, the news dredged up memories of terrorist attacks in Russia orchestrated in the name of Chechen independence. How much do you know about Chechen-Russian relations – about the years of war with Russia and heavy-handed policies of a Moscow -installed strongman? And what else do you know about ...
June 11, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- OPINION: The Abuse of Deadly Control: Did Police Have to Fire on Dzhokhar Tsarnaev?
Abdul-Baki Todashev holds a photo he claims is of his dead son Ibragim Todashev, during a news conference in Moscow, Russia, Thursday, May 30, 2013. The father of a Chechen immigrant killed in Florida while being interrogated by the FBI about his ties to a Boston Marathon bombings suspect says agents killed his son "execution style."
June 9, 2013 - Litchfield County Times
- Watch Steven Seagal Hit the Dance Floor Chechen Style
Last week, action star-turned-reality television hero Steven Seagal paid a visit to Chechnya, hoping to establish stronger ties between the U.S. and Russia (yes, really). The Under Siege actor spent some time with former rebel and current Head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Kadyrov, who exposed him to traditional Chechen dance. Now, Seagal insists, Chechen dance is "his favorite dance in the ...
June 7, 2013 - Zimbio
- Vladimir Bukovsky in International Herald Tribune
On his deathbed he asked to be buried when the war is over in Chechen soil,Bukovsky said after the service. "He was a fierce defender of Chechnya and critic of the Kremlin."
- Rangeen Dadfar Spanta in MSN Philippines News
...said Pakistan had failed to act against Al-Qaeda, the Afghan Taliban leadership known as the Quetta Shura, the Haqqani network, the minor Hekmatyar group, Hizb-u-Tahrir, as well as "Uzbek and Chechen terrorist groups".
- Dmitry Medvedev in FOXNews
The Chechen president should do everything in his power to find and punish these killers,Medvedev said.