- s ordered by a court of law
- Around the same time, a court-ordered investigation detailed an elaborate torture ring operated and later covered up by high-ranking Chicago police officials from the 1970s .
- After nearly 20 years of court-ordered integrated education, most Americans are aware of the problems of black students brought into a predominantly white school.
- Although prosecutors had assembled hundreds of reels of tape from court-ordered wiretaps and bugs, DEA investigators conceded in court that they had Barnes' voice on only one tape .
News & Articles
- APNewsBreak: Ill. Dems call for gov.'s gun verdict
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Some Illinois Democrats on Thursday urged the governor to act quickly on legislation allowing the carrying of concealed weapons in the state, saying they need him to accept or reject the measure so lawmakers can avert a "public safety and constitutional crisis" as they try to meet a court-ordered deadline.
June 20, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Lindsay Lohan Switches Rehab Facilities For The Third Time
Last week, Lindsay Lohan left the Betty Ford Center to finish out her court-ordered 90 days in rehab at the Cliffside rehab center in Malibu. [ more › ]
June 20, 2013 - LAist
- Lawyers for accused Colorado gunman barred from psychiatric exam
By Keith Coffman DENVER (Reuters) - Lawyers for James Holmes, who has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to killing 12 moviegoers in a Colorado theater last year, cannot be present during his court-ordered psychiatric examination, the judge in the murder case ruled on Wednesday. Arapahoe County District judge Carlos Samour Jr. rejected a motion by Holmes' public defenders, who argued that ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Maria Cantwell in International Herald Tribune
For over two years, local, state, federal and tribal authorities have worked in a court-ordered collaborative process to develop a plan to protect the Columbia and Snake River salmon plan,Cantwell said.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in San Jose Mercury News
Our prison system is in desperate need of repair, and the transferring of inmates out of state is a prudent alternative to the risk of court-ordered early release of felons,Schwarzenegger said in a statement. "Public safety and the...
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
My administration will continue to support reforming our bankruptcy rules so that we allow judges to reduce home mortgages on primary residences to their fair market value -- as long as borrowers pay their debts under a court-ordered plan,...