- a high in price or charging high prices
an expensive shop
- Chronic diseases are extremely expensive to treat and have contributed to much of the recent increase in overall health-care spending.
- And the EV1 was horrifically expensive to build, which was why GM's execs terminated the program handing detractors yet another stick to beat them with.
- It's also more expensive to insure workers employed in high-risk fields like manufacturing.
News & Articles
- Honolulu tops list of expensive U.S. cities to visit
Honolulu has been ranked as the most expensive city in the U.S. to visit, according to TripAdvisor's TripIndex Cities 2013.
June 12, 2013 - KITV Honolulu
- Honolulu, Oslo most expensive cities for summer travel: report
By Patricia Reaney NEW YORK (Reuters) - Travelers looking to get the most for their money on summer vacations may want to avoid Honolulu and Oslo, Norway, which are the most expensive cities according to a survey released on Tuesday, and head instead to Las Vegas or Sofia in Bulgaria. Travel website TripAdvisor.com compared the cost in cities around the world for an average overnight stay for ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Most Expensive Motorhome in the World on Sale for $2.6 Million
The most expensive motorhome in the world has gone on sale in Dubai for $2.6 million. Called the eleMMent Palazzo, the giant traveling home comes with a master bedroom, 40-inch TV, on-board bar, fireplace and its own rooftop terrace. Most surprising is the "Sky Lounge," which pops up with the press of a button on the roof of the home. It has a cocktail bar, heated floors and marble lighting ...
June 10, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
I want every American to know that we will rewrite the tax code so that it puts your interests over any special interests,Mr. Obama said. "And we'll make it easier, quicker and less expensive for you to file a return, so that April 15th is...
- John McCain in Toronto Star
It's my proposal, it's not Senator Obama's proposal, it's not President Bush's proposal,McCain said. "Is it expensive? Yes. But we all know until we stabilize home values in America, we're never going to start turning around and creating...
- Sarah Palin in Washington Post
At a rally in Colorado Springs, Col., Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin said, "They've gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers. The McCain-Palin administration will make them smaller and smarter and more effective for...