- n the posterior part of the body of a vertebrate especially when elongated and extending beyond the trunk or main part of the body
- n the time of the last part of something
the tail of the storm
- n any projection that resembles the tail of an animal
- n the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- n a spy employed to follow someone and report their movements
- n (usually plural) the reverse side of a coin that does not bear the representation of a person's head
- n the rear part of an aircraft
- n the rear part of a ship
- v go after with the intent to catch
- v remove or shorten the tail of an animal
- v remove the stalk of fruits or berries
- A 747 cannot be flown without its entire tail fin, which helps stabilize the big craft, and can be flown only with great difficulty without the attached rudder, which is moved to .
- The result was one of the most curiously proportioned cars ever, with a long low snout, long front overhang and a truncated tail, like the tail snapped off a salamander.
- A permanently arched tail is the result of an operation and an excruciatingly painful setting process.
News & Articles
- ND SatCom Selects Joint Tail-f/Metaswitch Solution to Deliver Streamlined Routing and Network Management
STOCKHOLM and LONDON, June 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tail-f Systems , a leading provider of on-device management and programmability solutions, and Metaswitch Networks, today announced that Astrium Services' ...
June 27, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Cultural Conundrums in ‘a cautionary tail’ at Flea Theater
In “a cautionary tail,” two Chinese-American siblings squirm under the iron paw of their menacing tiger mom. Struggling with how to conform to their mother’s unyielding expectations while remaining trendy, sexually adventurous, self-actualizing Stuyvesant High School students, the brother and sister end up turning against each another.
June 26, 2013 - New York Times
- Broken tail light traffic stop results with Evansville man in jail
The EPD says an officer stopped a car without tail lights. That's when they saw 18-year-old Dugniqio Dishay Forest throw out a small baggie.
June 26, 2013 - 14 WFIE Evansville
- Tom Carper in The News Journal
As those of us who live in Delaware and other so-called 'tail pipe' states on the East Coast know all too well, air pollution knows no boundaries,he said in a statement.
- Frank Lampard in This is London
It maybe sends out a message to people who say we have no spirit but at the same time it was just a show of unity in the team,he said. "There was a determination there before this game. No one wanted to go home with their tail between...
- Kirk Ferentz in International Herald Tribune
For my first interview in Cleveland, Scott's the guy that drove me back to the airport,Ferentz said Wednesday at the Outback Bowl in Tampa, Fla. "I had my tail between my legs, and he said 'You know, you didn't do that bad.' He gave me a...