- n a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds
the dog barked all night
- n a dull unattractive unpleasant girl or woman
she's a real dog
- n informal term for a man
you lucky dog
- n someone who is morally reprehensible
you dirty dog
- n a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll
- n a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward
- n metal supports for logs in a fireplace
- v go after with the intent to catch
the dog chased the rabbit
- Did the presidential candidate really pull a Clark Griswold on his poor family dog? Ana Marie Cox reports.
- E-Mail a Friend Wonder what your dog is really thinking? Japanese toymaker Takara claims it can get you in touch with your inner canine through its new Bowlingual.
- The big dog's heart, as Blok tells the story, pumped blood enough for both heads.
News & Articles
- Dog Appears To Push Man In Wheelchair Through Flood (VIDEO)
One brave dog may be giving Lassie a run for her money. In a YouTube video uploaded on Sunday , a dog appears to push a man in a wheelchair through a severely flooded street.
June 12, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Dog, 2 cats die in Blount Co. apartment fire
A dog and two cats were killed in an apartment fire in Blount County Tuesday evening, according to the Blount County Fire Department.
June 12, 2013 - WBIR-TV Knoxville
- Dog Pushes Man In Wheelchair Through A Flood [Video]
A dog, a wheelchair, and a flood — what do those things have in common? Perhaps one of the most touching viral videos of 2013. The footage of a dog pushing its wheelchair bound owner through a flood surfaced this week on YouTube, and viewers are eating it up. The video was published in Russian [...] Dog Pushes Man In Wheelchair Through A Flood [Video] is a post from: The Inquisitr
June 11, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Barack Obama in Chicago Tribune
With respect to the dog, this is a major issue,a tired-looking Obama said at his first news conference since the election. "I think it has generated more interest on our Web site than just about anything."
- Lance Armstrong in The Associated Press
It's pro bike racing, it's dog eat dog,Armstrong said. "One day you're the peacemaker and the rational mind, and the next day you're taking advantage of every opportunity."
- Ronald Reagan in Bloomberg
Reagan called him "the mad dog of the Middle East," but Gaddafi said similar things about Reagan.