- n the bottom of a shoe or boot; the back part of a shoe or boot that touches the ground and provides elevation
- n the back part of the human foot
- n someone who is morally reprehensible
- n one of the crusty ends of a loaf of bread
- n the lower end of a ship's mast
- n (golf) the part of the clubhead where it joins the shaft
- v tilt to one side
The balloon heeled over
the wind made the vessel heel
- v follow at the heels of a person
- v perform with the heels
heel that dance
- v strike with the heel of the club
heel a golf ball
- v put a new heel on
- The new high-heel wearer soon learns what most women already know: heels may look good, but they are not easy to wearat least initially.
- Seoul's plan to make the South Korean capital more female friendly by repaving streets for high heels and painting parking spaces pink will probably not answer why women are .
- What Makes Sammy Run? is the musical saga of Sammy Glick, who progresses, like a good heel should, from cutting corners to cutting throats.
News & Articles
- WWE: A Chris Jericho Heel Turn Makes Sense, but Daniel Bryan, Too? No! No! No!
Top-tier faces in WWE, already small in number, could be further depleted with news of not one but two possible face-to-heel turns. And no, Randy Orton is not among them. F4WOnline.com (via WrestleZone.com ) reports that heel turns may be in the works for Daniel Bryan and Chris Jericho . According to the report, the turns could come much sooner than later: It's very possible that we could see ...
June 13, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- In heel stabbing, woman claims self-defense
HOUSTON (AP) — Officials say a Houston woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend to death with a stiletto high heel told police she was trying to protect herself. Houston police say 44-yearold Ana Lilia Trujillo told investigators the man was attacking her and she acted in self-defense. read more
June 12, 2013 - The Times Record
- Heel Stabbing Suspect Claims Self-Defense
A Houston woman charged with murder for stabbing a University of Houston professor to death with a stiletto heel said she acted in self-defense.
June 11, 2013 - ABC News
- Pat Robertson in Politics Daily (blog)
Something happened a long time ago in Haiti,Robertson said. "People might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French, uh, you know, Napoleon the third and whatever . . . and they got together and swore a pact to the...
- Nikolay Davydenko in International Herald Tribune
I'm having acute pain in my left heel that flared up last week,Davydenko said. "I've had painkillers even today, and the doctors here in Chennai have tried some therapy for a few days, but I now need to fix this before playing any more...
- Jake Delhomme in USA Today
That is a typical Steve play,Delhomme said. "Instead of his heel touching, it stayed up. You grin and laugh and you're glad he's on our side."