- n someone who is morally reprehensible
- v subject to laughter or ridicule
- v use foul or abusive language towards
- Black hats, black cats, a pack of blackguard rats! And bats that function as cravats! What's this? In just a spooky second you'll be certain that behind the cartoon curtain it's .
- Shall the great doctor who has discovered a quick cure for tuberculosis apply it to a worthy, unsuccessful fellow man-of-medicine, or to a blackguard artist who can paint great .
- In the Sri Lankan context, that should make Wickremesinghe more of a blackguard than a hero.