- n support resembling the rib of an animal
- n any of the 12 pairs of curved arches of bone extending from the spine to or toward the sternum in humans (and similar bones in most vertebrates)
- n cut of meat including one or more ribs
- n a teasing remark
- n a riblike supporting or strengthening part of an animal or plant
- n a projecting molding on the underside of a vault or ceiling; may be ornamental or structural
- v form vertical ribs by knitting
A ribbed sweater
- v subject to laughter or ridicule
- But Shanidar 3 had a solitary rib puncture with no such damage.
- Kansas City natives prefers ribs cooked in a dry rub, and Texans .
- When an opponent broke two ribs on his right side, he tried boxing lefthanded.
News & Articles
- Walcotts make Rib Run family affair
There were 58 runners in the third annual Rib Run, which was Saturday morning. A year ago JoAnn Walcott, Marysville, ran her first 5K in the annual Rib Run and family members came home from Merriam, Kan., and Woodbridge, Va., to participate with her.
June 12, 2013 - The Marysville Advocate
- Lake Erie Islands Browns Backers plan rib event
PUT IN BAY — The Lake Erie Islands Browns Backers will have its 10th annual Rib Burn Off from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Adventure Bay and the Sand Bar located on Put In Bay.
June 12, 2013 - Port Clinton News Herald
- 120,000-Year-Old Cancer in Neanderthal Rib
A tumor found in the rib of a 120,000-year-old Neanderthal specimen is the oldest occurrence of the disease in the human fossil record, a new study reports.
June 10, 2013 - New York Times
- Jason Kidd in International Herald Tribune
I am human, at the end of the day, I am human,said Kidd, who didn't seem angry with all the attention the reports created. "I went out and played with one leg. I played with a broken rib and yesterday, I just couldn't go. There was no plan...
- Ronald Reagan in Reuters
After being shoved to the floor of his car by a Secret Service agent, Reagan wrote, "I sat up on the edge of the seat almost paralyzed by pain. Then I began coughing up blood which made both of us think -- yes, I had broken a rib & it had punctured...
- George Clooney in Forbes
I got a cracked rib, so I'm not jogging right now,Clooney joked. "No jumping jacks."