- n a riblike part of a plant or animal (such as a middle rib of a leaf or a thickened vein of an insect wing)
- n any of the 12 pairs of curved arches of bone extending from the spine to or toward the sternum in humans (and similar bones in most vertebrates)
News & Articles
- Costa Rica Data Error Prompts Revision to GDP Forecast
Costa Rica’s government unexpectedly revised its economic growth data for the first four months of this year after it found that export figures were incorrectly reported, central bank president Rodrigo Bolanos said.
June 18, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Costa Mesa moves against 'realignment' parolees
Costa Mesa police launched a well-publicized roundup of parolees suspected of re-offending Monday as the city expressed dissatisfaction with "realignment," which has included the large-scale release of offenders from crowded state prisons since October 2011.
June 18, 2013 - Orange County Register
- Costa Retains Swiss Cycling Title
Rui Costa of Portugal kept his Tour de Suisse title after winning the final stage by 21 seconds.
June 17, 2013 - New York Times
- Dana Perino in CNN
The pact would "expand Costa Rica's access to the US market, safeguard that access under international law, attract US and other investment and link Costa Rica to some of the most dynamic economies of our hemisphere," White House press secretary...
- Oscar Arias in USA Today
Taiwan has been very generous and I thank it for the solidarity and co-operation it has shown for nearly 60 years, but I have taken this decision thinking of all the Costa Ricans,Arias said at a news conference.
- William Gallas in The Guardian
The hardest part of it is the manner in which it happened,he explained. "I realised when I entered the changing room prior to the friendly with Costa Rica that the captain's armband was placed beside Evra's shirt. Domenech told me: 'In any...