abuse : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n cruel or inhumane treatment
the child showed signs of physical abuse
- n a rude expression intended to offend or hurt
when a student made a stupid mistake he spared them no abuse
- n improper or excessive use
the abuse of public funds
- v treat badly
This boss abuses his workers
- v change the inherent purpose or function of something
Don't abuse the system
- v use foul or abusive language towards
The actress abused the policeman who gave her a parking ticket
- v use wrongly or improperly or excessively
Her husband often abuses alcohol
while she was pregnant, she abused drugs
- After PTI reports that a military dog handler, convicted for his role in the prisoner abuse scandal, has been ordered to return to Iraq, the Pentagon decides to bring him back to .
- A series of reports on child abuse suggest that as many as nine in 10 cases of child maltreatment and neglect go unreported.
- Sean Justice Getty Children in highly developed countries suffer abuse and neglect much more often than is reported by official child-protective agencies, according to the .
News & Articles
- Elder abuse is focus of TARC signs
During Elder Abuse Awareness Month in June, 30 TARC buses will carry posters informing the public of elder abuse and neglect.
June 12, 2013 - Louisville Courier-Journal
- Animal abuse is a sign of a deeper problem
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - There have been numerous cases of animal cruelty and abuse in the Mahoning Valley over the last few weeks, and psychologists say it is the sign of a deeper, more disturbing problem.
June 11, 2013 - WFMJ Youngstown
- Abuse by foster parents rare
Child abuse is an ongoing problem in the United States, while cases of abuse by foster parents are relatively rare, government data show.
June 10, 2013 - Amarillo Globe-News
- Pope Benedict XVI in Detroit Free Press
I would like to pause to acknowledge the shame which we have all felt as a result of the sexual abuse of minors by some clergy ...... in this country,Benedict said during an address at mass. "Those responsible for these evils must be...
- Barack Obama in Reuters
We will never undertake this research lightly,Obama said. "We will develop strict guidelines, which we will rigorously enforce, because we cannot ever tolerate misuse or abuse."