- n a rude expression intended to offend or hurt
they yelled insults at the visiting team
- n a deliberately offensive act or something producing the effect of deliberate disrespect
turning his back on me was a deliberate insult
- v treat, mention, or speak to rudely
He insulted her with his rude remarks
- Ten thousand feet above sea level, in La Paz, "Highest Capital in the World," President Hernando Siles of Bolivia was last week insulted.
- In a shabby courtroom in the little town of Chieti last week, Laura Diaz, a young (30), comely Communist, stood charged with the crime of having publicly insulted the Pope.
- Where has the fine art of the insult gone? there was a time in Europe when the cutting gibe was a respected weapon in political discourse.
News & Articles
- Gene Wilder Says Willy Wonka Remake Was An Insult
Gene Wilder made a rare public appearance last week at the 92nd Street Y, telling an audience that he thought Tim Burton's remake of the classic "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" was an insult . Read more...
June 15, 2013 - Gawker
- Original ‘Willy Wonka’ Calls Tim Burton Remake ‘An Insult’
Gene Wilder, the star of the 1971 film Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, made a rare public appearance in New York on Thursday night during which he slammed the 2005 Tim Burton remake of the classic film. The remake, titled Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (same as the Roald Dahl book both films are based on), starred [...] Original ‘Willy Wonka’ Calls Tim Burton Remake ‘An Insult’ is a post ...
June 14, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Melissa McCarthy responds at last to 'tractor-sized' insult
By GABRIELLE LEVY, UPI.com Melissa McCarthy waited five months to respond to personal insults from movie critic Rex Reed, and when she did, she stuck firmly to the high road.
June 14, 2013 - UPI
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
He said that it was "not based on any difference in policy" or "any sense of personal insult," but on his judgment that Gen. McChrystal had not upheld "the standard that should be set by a commanding general."
- Carlos Tevez in Telegraph.co.uk
Patrice received a grave insult from a member of Chelsea's staff,Tevez said. "He demanded an explanation and these men just wanted to attack Patrice.
- Arlen Specter in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Everybody pooh-poohs it,Specter said of the investigation. "It's ridiculous to make that kind of contention. That sequence is incomprehensible. It's an insult to the intelligence of the people who follow it. They owe the public a lot more...