- n improper or excessive use
- v apply to a wrong thing or person; apply badly or incorrectly
- v change the inherent purpose or function of something
The director of the factory misused the funds intended for the health care of his workers
- This is not the misuse of the power of the government, which was the case in the Nixon case.
- If the misuse documented in the Justice IG report stems from incompetence, Americans may not be getting the security they bargain for in sacrificing their civil liberties.
- Abroad, concerns about misuse of the gadgets got so bad that Saudi Arabia outlawed them altogether.
News & Articles
- Former UI instructor, project director charged with misuse of public money
Former University of Idaho employee Matthew Sowder faces felony charges for misuse of public money after reportedly spending more than $1,000 on personal purchases using a university credit card. Sowder was an instructor in the College ...
June 12, 2013 - The Argonaut
- Panel to consider probe into misuse of funds
A Maui County Council committee will consider on Monday a resolution authorizing it to conduct an internal investigation into the potential misuse of county funds to demolish the Old Wailuku Post Office and conduct master planning for the Kalana O...
June 12, 2013 - The Maui News
- Shreveport attorney disbarred for misuse of client funds
Shreveport Attorney Joseph Bailey recently was ordered permanently disbarment by the Louisiana Supreme Court for misuse of funds from a client's trust.
June 11, 2013 - The Shreveport Times
- David Miliband in The Sun
Mr Miliband said: "There are compelling reasons to believe Israel was responsible for the misuse of the British passports. The Government takes this extremely seriously. Such misuse of British passports is intolerable."
- Barack Obama in Reuters
We will never undertake this research lightly,Obama said. "We will develop strict guidelines, which we will rigorously enforce, because we cannot ever tolerate misuse or abuse."
- Micheal Martin in Palestine News Network
The misuse of Irish passports by a state with which Ireland enjoys friendly, if sometimes frank, bilateral relations is clearly unacceptable and requires a firm response,Martin added.