abuser : Definition, Usages, News and More
- Often a child abuser acts less from genuine libidinousness than from rage, impulse or a simple desire to dominate another person.
- A man at the next table stood up and started screaming that the woman was a child abuser.
- Even Johnny Carson banned him as a Tonight Show guest for a time because of his reputation as a drug abuser.
News & Articles
- Correlation between substance abuse, domestic violence in some cases
Although research shows the majority of those who abuse their partners are not substance abusers, and the majority of substance abusers do not abuse their partners, a pervasive myth maintains that alc
June 23, 2013 - Sidney Herald
- New York State Senate Passes Bill To Create Nation's First Animal Abuser Registry
New York may be the first state to have an animal abuser registry, which will function much like a sex offender index as a way to protect animals and prevent further abuse. The legislation takes Buster’s Law one step further in protecting animals. Buster’s Law, which was passed in 1999 after a cat named Buster was doused in gasoline and set on fire, makes animal cruelty a felony offense in New ...
June 20, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Cat-lovin Lansdale vigilante will stand trial
LANSDALE - A Lansdale man will stand trial for his suspected act of retribution against an alleged animal abuser back in April. Charles A. Leister, 50, of the first block of East Main Street, waived his right to a preliminary hearing before District Judge Harold Borek of Lansdale on Thursday afternoon. He now heads to county court, where he'll be formally arraigned July 31 on six charges ...
June 20, 2013 - The Reporter
- Henry Hudson in Lompoc Record
You were as much an abuser of animals as any other defendant in this case,Hudson said.
- Cardinal Francis George in The Southern
The sexual abuse of children is a sin and a crime,George said in the statement. "When the abuser is a priest, the whole church is affected. Such misconduct by a priest or anyone else associated with the archdiocese cannot be tolerated."
- Diarmuid Martin in guardian.co.uk
The archbishop of Dublin, Diarmuid Martin, a leading reformer in the Irish Catholic church, said after the trial: "Tom Naughton was an abuser who damaged the lives of many innocent young people. I hope those involved in today's proceedings will find...