list : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a database containing an ordered array of items (names or topics)
- n the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical
the ship developed a list to starboard
- v give or make a list of; name individually; give the names of
- v include in a list
Am I listed in your register?
- v cause to lean to the side
Erosion listed the old tree
- v tilt to one side
The ship listed to starboard
- v enumerate
- Video How I Chose The List.
- Here's our list of the 100 men and women whose power, talent or moral example is transforming the world.
- Your thoughts on our list: The one movie I feel should have definitely made the list (of top 3 movies, let alone 100), is Seven Samurai.
News & Articles
- City announces list of neighborhoods to get bigger recycling bins
City announces list of neighborhoods to get bigger recycling bins Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 8:11 pm, Friday, June 14, 2013 City officials announced Friday the list of additional neighborhoods scheduled to receive single-stream automated curbside recycling ...
June 15, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Lundqvist Heads List of N.H.L. Invitees to Swedish Olympic Camp
Sweden's ice hockey federation has included N.H.L. players on the list of players invited to its Olympic orientation camp even though the N.H.L. and the I.O.C. have not yet reached an agreement allowing full participation at the Sochi Games.
June 14, 2013 - New York Times
- Toyota tops list again as number one green brand with Ford and Honda rounding off the top three
Toyota topped the Global Green Brands list for the third year in a row led by the popularity of the Pruis. But Nissan was the top riser on the list shooting up 16 places to number 7.
June 14, 2013 - Digital Trends
- Barack Obama in New York Daily News
Our intelligence community failed to connect those dots which would have placed the suspect on the no-fly list. It is increasingly clear that intelligence was not fully analyzed or fully leveraged,an angry Obama said. "That's not...
- Andy Pettitte in Reuters Canada
Though it was not against baseball rules, I was not comfortable with what I was doing, so I stopped,Pettitte said. "This is it -- two days out of my life, two days out of my entire career, when I was injured and on the disabled list."
- Tom Brokaw in New York Times
Tom Brokaw, the retired NBC anchor and a White House correspondent in the 1970's, said that Mr. Ford came to the White House with "no demons, no hidden agendas, no hit list or acts of vengeance," an unmistakable allusion to Richard M. Nixon,...