listening : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of hearing attentively
you can learn a lot by just listening
- v hear with intention
- v listen and pay attention
- v pay close attention to; give heed to
News & Articles
- Rogers: NSA 'is not listening' to Americans' phone calls
The chairman of the House intelligence committee strongly asserted Sunday that the National Security Agency is not recording Americans' phone calls under U.S. surveillance programs, and any statements suggesting differently amount to "misinformation." Lining up with Obama administration officials -- and the president himself -- Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Michigan, said the NSA "is not listening to ...
June 17, 2013 - Local 6 Orlando
- Big Brother may not be listening, but he's watching: Why metadata snooping is legal
By drawing a line between "listening" to calls and "watching" phone and email metadata, NSA defenders think they're on high legal ground. But they also know what most do not: Collecting information about conversations yields more than observing their content — and it sounds less intrusive. Here's how the laws permitting metadata snooping came about.
June 16, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Justin Bieber attends Kanye West's 'Yeezus' listening party
While Kanye West wasn't able to show up to his own listening party Friday, as Kim Kardashian was going into labor, Justin Bieber made an appearance at the event and seemed to like the music.
June 16, 2013 - Zap2It