- n that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason
his mind wandered
- n recall or remembrance
it came to mind
- n an opinion formed by judging something
she changed her mind
- n an important intellectual
the great minds of the 17th century
- n attention
don't pay him any mind
- n your intention; what you intend to do
he had in mind to see his old teacher
- n knowledge and intellectual ability
he reads to improve his mind
- v be offended or bothered by; take offense with, be bothered by
I don't mind your behavior
- v be concerned with or about something or somebody
- v be in charge of or deal with
- v pay close attention to; give heed to
- v be on one's guard; be cautious or wary about; be alert to
- v keep in mind
- I consider the mind like the body, in that regular use improves both the mind and body.
- A healthy balance of the mind, body, and spirit.
- According to Hubbard's "science," the mind consists of two parts: 1) the analytical (corresponding roughly to Freud's "conscious" mind), which perceives, remembers and reasons .
News & Articles
- Home Warranties Don't Always Provide Peace of Mind
Home warranties are supposed to provide peace of mind. But in many cases, they just add to consumer frustration and disappointment. Home warranty companies have been the worst-graded category on Angie's List for eight years in a row.
June 17, 2013 - CNBC
- Sound Mind Sound Body Recap
Jared Wangler and Michael O'Connor both participated in the Sound Mind Sound Body camp in Michigan this weekend, and reports are that both were very impressive. Wangler was reportedly showing his abilities in covering men out of the backfield, using his strong instincts and good speed.
June 16, 2013 - Philly.com
- New Ads Still Warn A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste
A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Waste you know the phrase, you've heard it. That's because the iconic slogan, dreamt up by the advertising agency Young & Rubicam goes back more than four decades. It was meant to promote the United Negro College Fund scholarship program for black students. read...
June 16, 2013 - Georgia Public Broadcasting
- David Petraeus in Dallas Morning News
But he added that when they got into tough situations, NATO must "employ all assets to ensure your safety, keeping in mind, again, the importance of avoiding civilian casualties."
- Barack Obama in Xinhua
I will seek somebody with a sharp and independent mind and a record of excellence and integrity. I will seek someone who understands that justice isn't just about some abstract legal theory or footnote in a casebook,Obama said.
- Heath Ledger in guardian.co.uk
I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going,Ledger said.