intellect : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n knowledge and intellectual ability
he has a keen intellect
- n the capacity for rational thought or inference or discrimination
- n a person who uses the mind creatively
- One of the flaws of any intelligence test is that it does not, and cannot, take into account the mood of the person whose intellect is being evaluated.
- Yet his intellect had a destructive side as well: a deep-rooted, Germanic hostility to the Mediterranean wellsprings of European culture and in particular to the Jews.
- Over four years, he morphed from a mediocre rapper with a thuggish point of view into a savant who merges sex, drugs and politics with a sneaky intellect, a freakish knowledge of .
News & Articles
- Minor Leaguer Takes Mature Strides To Become Better
Birmingham Barons infielder Tyler Saladino is still in AA, but his maturity, ball skills and intellect keep his major league aspirations alive. After Saladino's rise to AAA for a few weeks, coaches believe he will eventually become a major league baseball player.
June 12, 2013 - NPR
- Anne Humphries Broome
GAFFNEY, S.C. – “…to leave the world a bit better because you lived. This is to have succeeded.” (Harry Emerson Fosdick). Anne Humphries Broome, a woman of strong conviction, unparalleled compassion, diverse talents, and great intellect, was born on February 28, 1923. read more
June 11, 2013 - Gaffney Ledger
- R&B musician with local ties was a ‘computer wizard’ (With Music)
Many in the Washington, D.C., region will remember Tyrone Brunson as a man who carved out a successful career as a bassist, opening shows for James Brown, Aretha Franklin and the Temptations. But his sister, Brenda Brunson, remembers her brother for his intellect.
June 10, 2013 - The Prince George's Sentinel
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
You have to have not only the intellect to be able to effectively apply the law to cases before you,Mr. Obama said in an interview carried Saturday on C-SPAN television. "But you have to be able to stand in somebody else's shoes and see...
- Jennifer Granholm in Forbes
You were a paradoxical gift of remarkable intellect and achievement wrapped in a plain brown wrapper,said Granholm, a Democrat.
- John Cornyn in The BLT: Blog of Legal Times
There is no doubt that Ms. Kagan possesses a first-rate intellect, but she is a surprising choice from a president who has emphasized the importance of understanding 'how the world works and how ordinary people live,Cornyn said in a statement.