- n a rational motive for a belief or action
the reason that war was declared
- n an explanation of the cause of some phenomenon
the reason a steady state was never reached was that the back pressure built up too slowly
- n the capacity for rational thought or inference or discrimination
we are told that man is endowed with reason and capable of distinguishing good from evil
- n the state of having good sense and sound judgment
he had to rely less on reason than on rousing their emotions
- n a justification for something existing or happening
they had good reason to rejoice
- n a fact that logically justifies some premise or conclusion
there is reason to believe he is lying
- v decide by reasoning; draw or come to a conclusion
We reasoned that it was cheaper to rent than to buy a house
- v present reasons and arguments
- v think logically
The children must learn to reason
- One reason for that delay in onset of cardiovascular disease could be that women are relatively iron-deficient compared to men especially younger women, those in their late .
- The reason: as Huang goes, so goes China's policy on foreign retailers, who can't wait to take on the locals.
- In France, Benedict reiterates his scholarly meditations on faith and reason, trying to spark interest in a haven of secularism.
News & Articles
- ‘Sew’ happy at Walden School
Yet another reason that students at The Walden School in Media are sew very happy! Althea Coxe of Springfield, Naya Anand of Media, Annie Tolson of Media, Dania Maqbool of Media and Alyssa Wert of Aston proudly model their handmade skirts created in after school sewing class. In addition to dance, cooking, theater, gardening and other cool extracurricular activities, kids have the opportunity to ...
June 12, 2013 - Springfield Press
- Mariners defense hardly great, but not reason for team's bad record
There is this theme I keep seeing popping up in which proponents of advanced defensive metrics keep suggesting the reason the Mariners sit nine games under .500 is because the team “traded” outfield defense for slugging bats. Now, that would make sense, I suppose, if the idea all along h
June 11, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Is This the REAL Reason for the Government Spying On Americans?
To understand the scope, extent and reason that the government spies on all Americans, you have to understand what has happened to our Constitutional form of government since 9/11. State of Emergency The United States has been in a declared state of emergency from September 2001, to the present. Specifically, on September 11, 2001, the government declared a state of emergency. That declared ...
June 10, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Bobby Jindal in The Associated Press
The federal government not being able to do its job is not a reason for thousands of Louisianians to lose their jobs,Jindal said.
- Gordon Brown in BBC News
In a statement issued on Wednesday, Mr Brown said: "We have strong reason to believe that a British citizen, Edwin Dyer, has been murdered by an al-Qaeda cell in Mali. I utterly condemn this appalling and barbaric act of terrorism. My thoughts are...
- John Demjanjuk in FOXNews
Democrats haven't scheduled so much as a committee hearing for Donald Berwick but the mere possibility of allowing the American people the opportunity to hear what he intends to do with their health care is evidently reason enough for this... Mitch McConnell http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_McConnell&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEZA1ca3PJ7nNpSJFQIuI8CQ4eMWw msnbc.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38117251/ns/health/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFc-gFbkQnGdQGe6nzEyy-zL0px6w Jul 6, 2010
80849 108806 reasonable In a signed statement attached to the motions, Demjanjuk, seeking asylum, said that deportation to Germany will expose me to severe physical and mental pain that clearly amount to torture under any reasonable definition of the term."