- n the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision
- n an opinion formed by judging something
- n the cognitive process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions
- n the mental ability to understand and discriminate between relations
- n the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions
- n (law) the determination by a court of competent jurisdiction on matters submitted to it
- n the act of judging or assessing a person or situation or event
News & Articles
- Microsoft follows Google in demanding FISA disclosure permission
Microsoft has demanded permission to disclose FISA security requests, following Google in aiming to publicize the frequency and extent of calls from the NSA and others to hand over user data. “Microsoft respectfully moves this court for an order, judgement, or other such relief as the court may deem appropriate declaring that Microsoft may lawfully Read The Full Story
June 27, 2013 - SlashGear
- Supreme Court refuses to hear Mirror Worlds' appeal to have damages award against Apple reinstated
Back in 2008, a company called Mirror Worlds filed a patent-infringement suit against Apple alleging that a number of OS X features infringed upon one of its patents. The accused features included Cover Flow, Time Machine and OS X's Spotlight search feature. In October 2010, Mirror Worlds won a US$625.5 million judgement against Apple. At the time, the damages amount was the fourth-largest ...
June 26, 2013 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Chased by Caplan's collectors, Blumenfeld says 'nothing gonna stop' Divine Lorraine rebuild
$37 million judgement, personally guaranteed
June 12, 2013 - Philly.com
- Barack Obama in Outlook
I think it's clear that the article in which he and his team appeared showed poor judgement. But I also want to make sure that I talk to him directly before I make any final decisions,Obama told reporters when asked if McChrystal is being fired.
- Robert Gates in Newsweek
Defense Secretary Robert Gates issued a brief statement saying: "I believe that Gen. McChrystal made a significant mistake and exercised poor judgement in this case."
- Mark Thompson in Independent
The ultimate editorial responsibility for BBC programmes lies with producers and editorial managers,said Mr Thompson. "The consequences of errors of judgement are therefore more serious for managers. Jonathan Ross has already made a...