- n that part of the central nervous system that includes all the higher nervous centers; enclosed within the skull; continuous with the spinal cord
- n mental ability
he's got plenty of brains but no common sense
- n that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason
- n someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality
- n the brain of certain animals used as meat
- v hit on the head
- v kill by smashing someone's skull
- February 3, 1997 Fertile Minds From birth, a baby's brain cells proliferate wildly, making connections that may shape a lifetime of experience.
- Stunning new images from the brains of mice offer insights into the human mind disorders.
- Research shows that gay men's brains resemble those of straight women.
News & Articles
- Brain scans lead to discovery of two types of veterans suffering from Gulf War syndrome
Using brain scans and exercise stress tests, researchers have identified two biologically distinct subgroups of veterans suffering from “Gulf War illness.”
June 16, 2013 - The San Angelo Standard-Times
- Pentagon Hopes Brain Tissue Research Will Help Prevent Injuries
More than 260,000 cases of traumatic brain injury have been reported by American service members sent to Iraq and Afghanistan. Now the Department of Defense has created a tissue bank where the brains of deceased service members will be studied, in an effort to treat and prevent brain injury from combat. Melissa Block speaks with the director of the brain tissue repository, Dr. Daniel Perl.
June 16, 2013 - NPR
- Brain Training class offered in Shelbyville
SHELBYVILLE — There is increasing evidence that brain health is directly related to body health; however, most people think more about keeping their bodies fit or their hearts healthy than wor…
June 15, 2013 - Journal Gazette & Times-Courier
- Bret Michaels in antiMUSIC.com
I don't want my legacy to be that I had a brain hemorrhage,said Michaels. "I want it to be that I rocked, I treated people with respect and I made a lot of good friends along the way. I think that came back to me when I got sick. I truly...