- n that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason
- n the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life
- n (Greek mythology) a beautiful princess loved by Cupid who visited her at night and told her she must not try to see him; became the personification of the soul
- A decade after her death, Princess Diana still looms large in Britain's psyche.
- I started doing some research, and it can impact the psyche from a very early age.
- But on one thing the contending parties agree: for good or ill, Sigmund Freud, more than any other explorer of the psyche, has shaped the mind of the 20th century.
News & Articles
- Ponder these things: Everyone subconsciously has a hunger for God
Every June, my psyche anticipates “putting up” vegetables, although I have not done that of any note since the summer before Momma was diagnosed with cancer in 1981. So basically, the experience of the 50 packs of macque choux going into the freezer has not happened in my family since 1980.
June 14, 2013 - Opelousas Daily World
- Psychiatrists Explore Superman's Emotional Issues in Man of Steel (And Beyond)
Some people say that Superman isn't the easiest character to identify with, either because he¿s too much of a ¿Boy Scout¿ with an antiquated moral code, or because his omnipotence and alien origin make him less relatable compared to other super-heroes who are more grounded in reality. But after taking a look at the deeper look into Superman's psyche, we beg to differ.
June 14, 2013 - Wired News
- Palmer Raids redux: NSA versus civil liberties
The National Constitution Center’s Jeffrey Rosen looks back at “a darker side of the American psyche,” the 1919 raids that sparked a backlash from American citizens and the courts about civil liberties.
June 11, 2013 - National Constitution Center via Yahoo! News
- Lindsay Lohan in Metro
She said: "The way that Matthew wants to shoot it is not vulgar. It's more about getting into her psyche and seeing how scared she was. That's what I want to show most in the film. People are going to say, 'Oh, Lindsay Lohan is doing a porno.' But...
- Gerry Kelly in FOXNews
Within the republican psyche there's an aversion to the whole idea,said Kelly, who pledged that Sinn Fein leaders were already challenging their own supporters to isolate Real IRA activists - if not finger them to police.
- Kitty Kelley in International Herald Tribune
Oprah Winfrey has fascinated me for many years - as a woman, she has wielded an unprecedented amount of influence over the American culture and psyche,Kelley said in a statement issued Wednesday by the Crown Publishing Group, an imprint of...