hear : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v perceive (sound) via the auditory sense
- v get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally
- v examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process
The jury had heard all the evidence
- v receive a communication from someone
We heard nothing from our son for five years
- v listen and pay attention
We must hear the expert before we make a decision
- Because he couldn't hear the dialogue, the producers added subtitles timed exactly to the characters' voices so that Samuragoch could compose the score around the dialogue.
- It's better to ask: Would you like to hear about a study I just read about? Would you like to hear about a book I found helpful? Asking permission is one of the main principles.
- I want to hear crips talking about opera, strippers on Renaissance paintings, UFC champions on Finnegans Wake.
News & Articles
- Parents to Hear Evidence in 2 Faith-Healing Deaths
Parents to hear evidence in sons' faith-healing deaths in Philadelphia; have been in custody
June 12, 2013 - ABC News
- Hear Howie’s take on Obama’s visit
The special election for the open U.S. Senate seat is less than two weeks away, and one recent poll points to a tight race. How tight? Jump on the “High Noon” Web show and live chat today — at high noon, of course — as Howie Carr and moderator Joe Battenfeld weigh in on the issues. The president is in town and some say that’s not good news for U.S. Rep. Edward J. Markey. Hear what Howie has to ...
June 12, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Parents to hear evidence in sons' faith-healing deaths in Philadelphia; have been in custody
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia couple who believe in faith healing over medicine is set to hear evidence against them on Wednesday in the death of a second child.
June 12, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Barack Obama in Politico
This isn't about me,Obama said. "This debate is about the letters I read when I sit in the Oval Office every day, and the stories I hear at town hall meetings.This debate is not a game for these Americans, and they cannot afford to wait...
- Phil Gramm in Indianapolis Star
Democrats haven't scheduled so much as a committee hearing for Donald Berwick but the mere possibility of allowing the American people the opportunity to hear what he intends to do with their health care is evidently reason enough for this... Mitch McConnell http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_McConnell&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEZA1ca3PJ7nNpSJFQIuI8CQ4eMWw msnbc.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38117251/ns/health/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFc-gFbkQnGdQGe6nzEyy-zL0px6w Jul 6, 2010
46139 62599 hear You just hear this constant whining," Gramm told the Washington Times, "complaining about a loss of competitiveness, America in decline."