- n earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something
she gave it a good try
- v make an effort or attempt
- v put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
- v put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of
- v take a sample of
- v examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process
- v give pain or trouble to
- v test the limits of
You are trying my patience!
- v melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities
try the yak butter
- v put on a garment in order to see whether it fits and looks nice
- I try not to end as merely a question but try to provide a conclusion within the work.
- In The Woman Warrior, she writes: "When you try to understand what things in you are Chinese, how do you separate what is peculiar to childhood, to poverty, insanities, one family .
- It's true that a few other cartoon characters might try to claim Bart's place of honor.
News & Articles
- Swimmer won’t try Cuba-to-Florida trek again
Swimmer won’t try Cuba-to-Florida trek again Published Jun 13, 2013 06:09PM MDT Key West, Fla. • The Australian who gave up her quest to swim from Cuba to Florida because of painful jellyfish stings said Thursday that she will not make another attempt. Chloe McCardel told The Associated Press that she had picked June because the jellyfish danger was supposed to be low. But about 11 hours and 14 ...
June 14, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Try the carne asada tacos at Adelita’s, and get tix to Del Maguey dinner
Try the carne asada tacos at Adelita's Cocina y Cantina, and get tix to Del Maguey dinner
June 13, 2013 - Denver Post
- Fed To Try To Calm Market Rate Fears: Hilsenrath
The Federal Reserve will use its meeting next week to try to calm fears that the central bank is nearer to raising short-term interest rates, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal's Jon Hilsenrath on Thursday.
June 13, 2013 - FOX Business
- Mark Cavendish in Mix 96
I'm really happy. I'm speaking better today because I was pretty emotional yesterday,said Cavendish. "That's seven days down now and 14 to go and we'll try our best to win again."
- Oscar Tabarez in The Age
From the first minute Forlan had a problem. He was injured and could not continue,Tabarez said of the Athletico Madrid striker. "He had a pain and during the match we took a decision to try another man who was fresh. It was nothing really...
- Kim Yong-Hyun in Wall Street Journal
North Korea is pressing the US to come forward to a bilateral meeting to try to deflect the pressure it faces over the ship issue and move the atmosphere toward dialogue and (a resumption of) six-nation talks on the North's nuclear programs,...