endeavour : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a purposeful or industrious undertaking (especially one that requires effort or boldness)
- n earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something
- v attempt by employing effort
- David Petraeus in France24
This is an effort in which we must achieve unity of effort and common purpose. Civilian and military, Afghan and international, we are part of one team with one mission,he said. "On this important endeavour, co-operation is not optional."
- Gordon Brown in BirminghamMail.net
But Mr Brown said: "The scientists I speak to are committed to what they see as an inherently moral endeavour, that can save and improve the lives of thousands and over time, millions."
- John McCain in Times of India
I am acutely aware that I cannot succeed in that endeavour, nor can our party prevail over the challenge we will face ...... without the support of dedicated conservatives,McCain told the Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday...