- n the sensation that results when taste buds in the tongue and throat convey information about the chemical composition of a soluble stimulus
the candy left him with a bad taste
the melon had a delicious taste
- n a strong liking
- n delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values)
arrogance and lack of taste contributed to his rapid success
to ask at that particular time was the ultimate in bad taste
- n a brief experience of something
he got a taste of life on the wild side
she enjoyed her brief taste of independence
- n a small amount eaten or drunk
take a taste--you'll like it
- n the faculty of distinguishing sweet, sour, bitter, and salty properties in the mouth
his cold deprived him of his sense of taste
- n a kind of sensing; distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds
- v have flavor; taste of something
- v perceive by the sense of taste
Can you taste the garlic?
- v take a sample of
- v have a distinctive or characteristic taste
This tastes of nutmeg
- v distinguish flavors
We tasted wines last night
- v experience briefly
The ex-slave tasted freedom shortly before she died
- Second, they were bred to survive shipping rather than for taste.
- When flavor falls flat, the problem may lie not in the food but in a waning ability to taste and smell.
- Think a particular brand of tomato soup or ice cream will taste the same all over the planet? A trip to Nestl's food research lab reveals the science of localizing flavor.
- Joe Biden in The Associated Press
This is a guy who continued to taste, smell and feel the suffering of the people of his state,Biden said. "Because of that service you have gained greatly."
- Barack Obama in Reuters
For top executives to award themselves these kinds of compensation packages in the midst of this economic crisis is not only bad taste -- it's bad strategy -- and I will not tolerate it as president,said Obama, who has been in the White House...
- Stan Van Gundy in The Canadian Press
It seems everybody has a bad taste in their mouth, unless you're in Miami,Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said at the NBA's Orlando summer league. "Just the way the whole thing was handled, on TV and everything, it really leaves a bad taste in...