- v consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
- v observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect
The customs agent examined the baggage
- v question or examine thoroughly and closely
- v question closely
- v put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
- PTI editors examine the effects environmental changes are having on plants, wildlife and humans.
- When you see a pair you like, select Multi View to examine it from all angles.
- Breaking the education straitjacket Viewpoint: Actress Youki Kudoh says respect the old ways Viewpoint: Parents should examine their own ethics.
- David Petraeus in AHN
At the end of that period, we will commence a process of assessment to examine the conditions on the ground,Petraeus said, according to Delaware Online."This approach does not allow [the] establishment of a set withdrawal timetable....
- Ehud Olmert in FOXNews
This morning some of them continued their fire, provoking what we had warned of,Olmert said. "This cease-fire is fragile and we must examine it minute by minute, hour by hour."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Telegraph.co.uk
A China that has made enormous progress economically and is emerging to take its rightful place in global leadership should examine openly the darker events of its past,said Mrs Clinton, the US secretary of State, in a rare criticism.