- n a detailed critical inspection
- n applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading)
no schools offer graduate study in interior design
- n a written document describing the findings of some individual or group
this accords with the recent study by Hill and Dale
- n a state of deep mental absorption
she is in a deep study
- n a room used for reading and writing and studying
he knocked lightly on the closed door of the study
- n a branch of knowledge
anthropology is the study of human beings
- n preliminary drawing for later elaboration
- n attentive consideration and meditation
- n someone who memorizes quickly and easily (as the lines for a part in a play)
he is a quick study
- n a composition intended to develop one aspect of the performer's technique
a study in spiccato bowing
- v consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
- v be a student; follow a course of study; be enrolled at an institute of learning
- v give careful consideration to
- v be a student of a certain subject
- v learn by reading books; I must hit the books now"
He is studying geology in his room
- v think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes
He is meditating in his study
- A new study suggests that idly doodling during meetings or boring lectures helps people pay attention and retain more information.
- Laser printer emissions may damage your health, says a new study -- not to mention the load of indoor air pollutants we're breathing 90% of the time.
- A newlywed ponders a study that has more than 60% of women saying their husbands' moms cause them long-term stress.
News & Articles
- Study: Brand name drugs drive up Medicare spending
A new study suggests that cash-strapped Medicare missed an opportunity to save more than $1 billion by not addressing the varying costs and use of prescription drugs.
June 12, 2013 - Herald & Review
- Study: Global Pay-TV Subscribers Forecast To Reach 1 Billion By 2018
A new study by Digital TV Research reports that there are currently 814 million pay-TV households in 97 countries worldwide. The jump to 1 billion homes by 2018 will be led by the booming Asia Pacific region which will rep 59% (587 million) of the global total. Still, the research indicates a slight slowdown in growth. From 2012 to 2013, 42 million pay-TV homes were added. The average yearly ...
June 12, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Study: Hands-free devices may increase chances of car accident
A new study says using hands-free devices to talk or text while driving may increase the chance you'll be in a car accident...
June 12, 2013 - News 10 NBC Rochester
- Ben Roethlisberger in FOXNews
I said it's now or never, I told the guys all the film study you put in doesn't matter unless you do it now,Roethlisberger said. "I'm really proud of the way they responded."
- Sue Myrick in TPMDC (blog)
Under the government-run health care system they have in Canada and the United Kingdom, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to get those tests so quickly,said Myrick. "One international study found that three times as many citizens in...
- John Kerry in USA Today
Kerry told a college crowd Monday: "You know education, if you make the most of it, and you study hard, and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."