- v gain knowledge or skills
She learned dancing from her sister
I learned Sanskrit
- v get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally
I learned that she has two grown-up children
- v commit to memory; learn by heart
- v be a student of a certain subject
- v impart skills or knowledge to
- v find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort
- Long before Novelist AldousHuxley conceived of a Brave New World where schoolkids could learn their lessons through "hypnopaedia" (sleep-teaching), a less talented novelist wrote.
- Genes that regulate the brain's sensitivity to dopamine a chemical involved in addiction and motivation can affect the ability to learn from our errors.
- These days one of the fastest-growing markets for after-school tutors is preschoolers and kindergartners, whose parents are hoping that if their kids learn to read before first .
News & Articles
- Learn to co-exist with mountain black bears
Mountain visitors and residents can learn more about their black bear neighbors at an upcoming seminar. A program called “Understanding Our Black Bears” and a dinner will be held Monday, June 1, at the Sapphire Valley Resort’s Community Center.
June 12, 2013 - Smoky Mountain News
- LEARN TO DYE YOUR OWN YARN USING KOOL-AID!
LEOMINSTER - Beautifully-colored yarn doesn’t just come from the craft store. Learn to dye yarn from 3 until 4 p.m. Wednesday, July 31, at the Leominster Public Library, 30 West St. Start with white yarn and dye it lots of bright colors using some ice cubes, the sun, and…. yes ~ Kool Aid! read more
June 12, 2013 - Leominster Champion
- Learn to be a 'Healthy Chefs in the Kitchen': Health notes
Youths, ages 8-14, will learn to be "Healthy Chefs in the Kitchen" during a summer community education seminar being presented by Karen Walker, a registered dietitian. The seminar will be July 9 from 1 to 5 p.m. at the...
June 12, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune