- v impart skills or knowledge to
He instructed me in building a boat
- v give instructions or directions for some task
She instructed the students to work on their pronunciation
- v make aware of
- Only after the Jews of Medina rejected Muhammad did he switch orientation and instruct his adherents to pray facing Mecca, whose ancient shrine, the Kabah, was thought by locals to .
- The goal was both to instruct and protect.
- A new highway bill pending before Congress would instruct all 50 states to require all motorists convicted of driving under the influence to equip their cars with interlock systems .
- Ben Bernanke in CNNMoney.com
Moreover, I did not instruct anyone to indicate to Bank of America that the Federal Reserve would take any particular action under those circumstances,Bernanke said.
- Gordon Brown in Reuters South Africa
On our part, there was no conspiracy, no cover-up, no double-dealing, no deal on oil, no attempt to instruct Scottish ministers, no private assurances by me to (Libyan leader) Colonel (Muammar) Gaddafi,Brown said at an employment summit in...
- Michael Ovitz in International Herald Tribune
I assume whatever he did, he did legally. I would never instruct him to do anything illegal,Ovitz said.