con : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an argument opposed to a proposal
- n a person serving a sentence in a jail or prison
- n a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property
- v deprive of by deceit
- v commit to memory; learn by heart
- r in opposition to a proposition, opinion, etc.
much was written pro and con
News & Articles
- Comic-Con 2013: 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Bones' and more 20th Century Fox TV shows
For the first time ever, "How I Met Your Mother" will be at the San Diego Comic-Con in 2013. The CBS sitcom is one of 11 shows produced by 20th Century Fox Television that will feature at the big event. Other programs expected to have panels include "Bones," "The Simpsons," "Sons of Anarchy" and the new series, "Sleepy Hollow."Most of the shows included on the list are SDCC veterans, but "HIMYM ...
June 12, 2013 - Zap2It
- Con Ed scholarships: Hackley's Dom Alpuche nets top prize
RYE BROOK — Dominique Alpuche walked off the stage with the top prize, the $10,000 Irwin “Red” Klein Scholarship, at the Con Edison Scholar-Athlete program’s end of the year awards banquet at the Westchester Hilton Wednesday.
June 12, 2013 - The Journal News
- Con-way Truckload Recognized for Performance Excellence
JOPLIN, Mo., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Con-way Truckload, a full truckload carrier and subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), today announced that it was recently honored by Lowe's Home Improvement ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance