sting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a kind of pain; something as sudden and painful as being stung
the sting of death
he felt the stinging of nettles
- n a mental pain or distress
- n a painful wound caused by the thrust of an insect's stinger into skin
- n a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property
- v cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort
- v deliver a sting to
- v saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous
- v cause a stinging pain
- v cause an emotional pain, as if by stinging
- In a recent sting operation in Texas, an undercover officer was offered $200 by a prisoner for a cell phone and only $50 for heroin.
- A media sting operation gone awry revives a debate on media regulation.
- India Edwards, the gabby, gregarious queen bee of the Democratic National Committee's women's division, buzzed into Missouri to sting Republican Senator Forrest Donnell, who is.
News & Articles
- Last Best Show: Sting at the Pavilion
Sting brought his Back to Bass tour back to Boston Friday night. There were no symphonicities, as he calls orchestral versions of his songs, and, more importantly, none of that godawful lute music that he inflicted on his fans a while ago.
June 22, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Sting Recruits Kurt Angle, Bound For Glory Series Update, Next Week's Impact Wrestling
- Sting revealed on last night's Impact Wrestling that the first member of his new Main Event Mafia will be Kurt Angle.
June 21, 2013 - Lords of Pain
- Sting Recruits Kurt Angle, BFG Series Update, Next Week’s Impact
- Sting revealed on last night’s Impact Wrestling that the first member of his new Main Event Mafia will be Kurt Angle.
June 21, 2013 - The Wrestling News Page