hustle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property
- n a rapid active commotion
- v cause to move furtively and hurriedly
The secret service agents hustled the speaker out of the amphitheater
- v move or cause to move energetically or busily
- v sell something to or obtain something from by energetic and especially underhanded activity
- v get by trying hard
she hustled a free lunch from the waiter
- v pressure or urge someone into an action
- The son of a preacher, Tennis Pro Bobby Riggs learned early that heaven helps those who hustle their neighbors.
- The champion courts recognition; the hustler flees it.
- Of course, since a child told to hustle around a track pretty much has to do it, critics argue that there's no need for video games in gym classes even if they do have some health .
News & Articles
- Pierre quietly consistent in June
Without Juan Pierre's hustle on a routine grounder to second base, Giancarlo Stanton might have missed the opportunity to play hero with his home run Tuesday.
June 13, 2013 - Florida Marlins
- Fuse Network To Debut First Scripted Hip-Hop Dramedy 'The Hustle'
FUSE Networks is bringing the rap hustle to the small screen with its first scripted series The Hustle . The special six-episode, half-hour dramedy puts the spotlight on the struggles of breaking it into the music biz, following up-and-coming rap duo Kutta and D, also known as "Brooklyn's Finest." As they try to juggle their friendship and aspirations, their childhood friend and A&R rep Ya-Ya ...
June 12, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- Troops honor fellow service members at Kaneohe cemetery
Nestled away from the hustle and bustle of the city resting on the top of Kaneohe lie thousands of our country's brave soldiers. But, their sacrifice is being met with this -- dingy, moldy headstones among the 9,000 burial plots at the Hawaii State Veterans Cemetery. With just three workers and a laundry list of daily duties, the cemetery just can't keep up with the upkeep. "I can't even begin ...
June 12, 2013 - KITV Honolulu
- Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles Times
They got all the energy points, the hustle points, second-chance points, points in the paint, beat us to the loose balls,Bryant said. "I mean, that's how the game turned around."
- George Karl in International Herald Tribune
Among the insights: Karl saying, "When we pass the ball, we usually play well," and Mavericks coach Avery Johnson telling his team during an early timeout, "Good hustle, men, keep it up."
- Ryan Gomes in USA Today
The hustle has to be there every night. Last two nights, it hasn't been there,forward Ryan Gomes said after the Clippers loss. "You look at the games, look at the scores of these games and you can just tell by that, that something was...