- n an excited state of agitation
- n an angry disturbance
he didn't want to make a fuss
- n a quarrel about petty points
- n a rapid active commotion
- v worry unnecessarily or excessively
don't fuss too much over the grandchildren--they are quite big now
- v care for like a mother
She fusses over her husband
- Without fuss or feathers, 27 farmers' wives gathered in Chicago last week to draw up a "wartime platform for American farm women.
- Been a big fuss this week because Michelle Obama wore shorts.
- During the three-month drama some members of the Bancroft family, which controlled Dow Jones, made much fuss over the Rupe's supposed lack of journalistic values.
News & Articles
- Planning board consultant raises concerns over proposed Somerset subdivision
The Planning Board’s consultant said a two-lot subdivision proposed at the former Old Buffington Farm Nursery and Garden Center presents difficulties with lot configuration and recommended not accepting the proposed roadway off Buffington Street as a town road. Engineers from Fuss & O’Neill issued three pages and 38 items of recommendations, changes and related issues to the Planning Board.
June 14, 2013 - Fall River Herald News
- Red Stars’ two-game winning streak snapped
The Chicago Red Stars saw their two-game winning streak snapped Thursday when they dropped a 2-0 decision to FC Kansas City in Lisle. Casey Loyd and Courtney Jones scored for FC Kansas City. Loyd converted a penalty kick in the 26th minute after Sonja Fuss was called for a foul.
June 14, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Entertainment Weekly makes a fuss about Stevens Point fantasy author Patrick Rothfuss
It's the latest rave for Rothfuss' wildly popular, best-selling fantasy novels.
June 13, 2013 - The Capital Times
- Ronald Harwood in Thaindian.com
Ronald is obviously over the moon with the honor, and he said that, "It's more exciting than the Oscar because of the secrecy that's involved. The Oscar is a sudden shock, you take it all in and people make a fuss. But this feels like a very big...
- Plaxico Burress in SportingNews.com
I don't understand what the fuss is about,Burress said, surrounded by at least as many TV cameras, microphones and notepads as Brady was two hours earlier. "Nobody wants to lose. All this is entertainment. It's sports, and sports are...
- Roger Federer in Herald Zeitung
I'm 100 percent OK,said Federer, who is 26-1 in the last four Australian Opens. "I could have maybe played on Saturday, but I didn't want all the fuss - the media, analyzing my game, thinking they know best and all that."